Kids say the darndest things… {Melbourne | Children’s photographer}

After chatting with a few of my photographer friends in the US (you know who you are), I cracked up after one lady’s little boy – who is currently sick with gastro, poor little poppet – mentioned that he was vomitting out his butt! I couldn’t help laughing… out loud! Poor little guy.

But it reminded me that kids have the most incredible imaginations. I used to have the most amazing dreams and make-believe stories when I was little, and I miss the fantastical things I used to come up with.

I am sure many of you have stories to share of your little kidlets and the things they come up with. So I am challening you.. yes YOU. I want you to ask your children their funnest, most fantastical, most exciting idea for a fun, fun, fun photo shoot. Reply with your ideas to this blog post. I will then read through them and judge my favourite ones. My favourite in Melbourne will win that session with me and will get one free wall print as well. If your idea happens to be my favourite, and you don’t live in Melbourne and you won’t be coming here anytime soon, you will win a really groovy digital photo frame to display in your home or office or wherever. This prize is valued at over $200.

To enter, simply add your child’s idea as a comment on this post. Competition closes March 31st 2010. You may enter as many times as you like with your original ideas. I reserve the right to use some of these ideas in future photo shoots – crediting you and your child, of course 😉

(16 of 31)

14 Responses to Kids say the darndest things… {Melbourne | Children’s photographer}

1. kate February 25, 2010 at 4:53 am #

I just asked my neice who is 4 and she said she would get pics of her in “her” wedding dress getting married to a boy. I asked her what boy and she “ohh just a boy that jumps out of the bush’s and says “marry me”!! hahaha i think she is still caught up in my wedding when she was a flower girl!

2. Tiffany Bender February 26, 2010 at 3:27 am #

This is adorable- the idea and the image!!! Can’t wait to read all the entries!

3. Beth February 27, 2010 at 5:07 pm #

This is too cute! Love the colors and the picture… such a cute story the picture is telling!

4. K craft February 28, 2010 at 1:29 am #

This photo is beyond amazing!

5. Jane Pipke February 28, 2010 at 10:19 pm #

It is pretty hard for Oliver to say what he would like since we only just had our photoshoot last week! Here is what he came up with: “We would be singing ‘la de da de da’ (from Playschool) with the actions, wearing green and be in a princess castle!”. I asked him another time and he said he would like to play in the park (we already did that so I’m guessing he had a lot of fun).

6. Kelly Mack March 2, 2010 at 4:00 am #

Great idea Lee! My child dosnt speak enough yet!

7. Gail March 2, 2010 at 4:21 am #

I LOVE this shot – great energy, great color, and such fun!!!

8. Cla March 2, 2010 at 3:56 pm #

Love it!

9. Kandi LaMont March 2, 2010 at 4:05 pm #

Love these!

10. Briony March 24, 2010 at 12:58 am #

I asked Kohan who is 2 and he responded with
    “No thanks Mum, I don’t need any photo’s thanks anyway”

I tried but he wasn’t playing the game.

11. Jodie March 25, 2010 at 10:21 pm #

Well I just asked Jakson what he thinks we could do when having photos taken and his response was that he could dress up like Superman and mummy & daddy can climb a tree and get stuck, than he (as Superman) could come and save us and we can just keep getting stuck everywhere and he will keep saving us, lol

12. Oliver Pipke (care of his mummy) March 25, 2010 at 10:49 pm #

1. We could dress up and going on trains [mummy: I think he means the train museum we go to in North Williamstown – fantastic old trains, that you can climb up into and pretend to drive]

2. We could dress up like princesses [mummy: and I’m assuming princes!]

3. Maybe we could eat choccies and lollipops [mummy: thanks to you Lee this is still very much top of mind!]

4. Maybe we could build sandcastles on the beach and chase the seagulls

5. Maybe we could eat ice-cream [mummy: can you imagine a huge ice-cream driping all over kids – love that idea!!]

5. We could eat strawberries [mummy: I assume asking at morning tea time has resulted in lots of food related ideas]

Ideas from Oliver, aged 3

13. Briony March 26, 2010 at 6:06 am #

Jack said

“He would love to have photo’s taken whilst playing in a pool”

Could make for a interesting shoot.

Jack 5

14. Kirsten March 28, 2010 at 11:49 am #

We haven’t been lucky enough to have our pics taken by you yet, we just like to admire from afar at the moment. Scrumptious photos they are!
    When I asked my 5yr old what we could do if someone came to take our pictures she said
    “I could draw pictures and she could take photos of my draws” (trans- I just started Prep this year, so drawing is my life!)
    or
    “we could all go on a ship and we could go on a rail near the water and put our feet in and then jump in” (trans-go to a beach with a pier and dangle our feet over the edge and go splashing in the waves!)
    Thanks for taking such great photos. I love the idea of doing the course that you did, but it’s a ways off yet!